When moving domains there will be a need to replace old url's and other strings to reflect the new names.
In my case the images of my blog articles were still pointing to the old domain which didn't physically exist anymore. Result: broken images and links.
A quick SQL replace does the trick:
UPDATE blog_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content, 'old-server.com', 'new-server.com') WHERE post_content LIKE '%old-server.com%'
This SQL statement is perfect for updating wordpress blogs that moved to a different domain/host.
Easy and efficient 🙂
- 48 Outstanding WordPress Themes of June 2011 (by Madalin Tudose)
- Useful Wireframing and Prototyping Tools – Roundup (by Jacob Creech)
- Introducing Usaura, the Fastest Way to Run Click Tests (by Dmitry Fadeyev)
- User-interface, user-experience & usability explained (by Bernard Schokman) - I think the title is misleading, it's more about "Practical design principles for UI/UX/Usability Design"
- 10 Important UI Design Considerations for Web Apps (by Marc Gayle) - try polishing the little things to make your app truly awesome
- Tools for Facilitating Feedback on Prototypes and Wireframes (by David Leggett) - What's your favorite? Why?
- How to Identify the Best Design Problems (by Joshua Porter) - About the importance of prioritization.
- A Guide to CSS Colors in Web Design (by Alexander Dawson) - Once again a great guide by Alexander; contrast, shades, hues, transparency and co.
- 40 Beautiful and Elegant WordPress Themes of May 2011 (by Madalin Tudose) - very nice collection, wordpress has come a long way and so did its front-end designers
- HOW TO: Add the +1 Button to Your WordPress Site (by Christina Warren) - if you like it or not, here is the +1 Button integration...
- Why You Should Buy Your First 5000 Twitter Followers (by Rohit) - ethical or not... love or not love... with a little help from your friends
- So you think you can build a website? (by Vitamin in Talent) - a really handy flowchart to determine if your idea will result in a great website
- The ultimate HTML5 resource guide (by Cameron Chapman) - what else to say? ultimate resouce guide!
- (More) Useful Web Usability Testing Tools (by hongkiat) - What are your experiences with these tools? Which one is your favorite? Why?
- Using Lies in Research (by Nate Bolt) - learn from their mistakes to prevent your own 😉
- The Dangers of Design by User (by Demetrius Madrigal and Bryan McClain) - this article shows that the phrase "some research is better than none" doesn't always apply.
- What’s New for Web Designers – Mar 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - as always a great round-up of new apps for designers.
- User Interface Patterns for Dealing with Interactive Content (by Cameron Chapman) - Cameron is on a roll - another must-read.
- Using Regular Expression: Tools and Resources (by hongkiat) - one must love this little helpers... 😉
- 16 Essential WordPress Plugins Every Blog Must Have (by Karol K.) - more work ahead of me; thx for this compilation Karol.
Christina Warren wrote a really nice blog entry on HOW TO: Integrate Google Buzz Into Your WordPress Blog, this will certainly get you started with your own buzz this icon/button.
I installed Google Buzz Button plugin (by Internet Techies) that allows you to add a “Buzz This” button to each of your WordPress posts (download google buzz plugin).
Yes, that's the nicely colored button right below these words - try it out, right here, right now 😉