Posted by Michael Gaigg
Thanks to everybody that sent me link suggestions. Here the highlights for week 11/2011:
- HTML5 – Moving from hacks to Solutions (by Chris) - yes, you can. Continue dreaming, sometimes dreams come true.
- Mobile Form Design Strategies (by Chui Chui Tan) - good read with lots of illustrations to back up its arguments
- Common Elements Used in Wooden UI Design (by Callum Chapman) - includes tutorials on how to create wooden looking graphics
- HOW TO: Get the Most Out of Subcontracting With Freelancers (by Shane Pearlman) - it comes down to the team and the relationship to its members
- Infographics for Web Designers: Information You Ought to Know (by bellefoong) - yes, oughta know!
- 6 Pack Holder for your bike (by etsy.com) - very clever!!!
- 7 Basics to Create a Good Design Brief (by Cameron Chapman) - The actual design isn't as important as many of us often believe
- 7 myths about paper prototyping (by David Travis) - you cannot draw well, huh? No excuses!!
- Embedding PHP In CSS (by Banga Sanga) - not sure about the performance hit but since it's a simple one-time parsing on the server it shouldn't really matter.
- The Redesign Disease (by Dmitry Fadeyev) - Realign instead...
- Less Framework 4 - An adaptive CSS grid system that is well worth looking at.
- Effective Communication: Getting All You Can Out of What You’ve Got (by Julia May) - I know, lot's of literature about this topic out there, but nevertheless a good summary with good points on how to improve
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map applications for 15 years and is author and curator of UI Patterns for Maps.
- Accessibility (16)
- Cartography (1)
- Code Samples & Tips (16)
- Conclusions (7)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (8)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (29)
- Here and there (31)
- Map Applications (14)
- References (1)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (28)
- Web Design (31)
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Redundancy is NOT bad!
- 15 Outstanding Examples of Braille in our World
- Dashboard Design
- Esri listens to their Users and changes Pronunciation of its Name
- 10 Webpage Design Lessons learned from a trip to Las Vegas… seriously!