- 10 Resources for Beginners – Web Development (by Get Ramped Up) - thanks for mentioning me 🙂
- 36 High Quality Templates & Tutorials To Design Business Website (by hongkiat) - more on the business side of things
- How to Design a Website Online (by Pamela Rdz) - collection of online tools
- 7 Boilerplates, Templates & Resets for a Fresh Start (by Kelli Shaver) - call it libraries, code snippets or reference materials - use and re-use.
- Logos Built to Last: Five Aspects of Human Perception One Must Understand to Make a Lasting Impression (by John Williams) - simple, quick, exciting, habit, the best
- What’s new for web designers – Jun 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - SpiderScribe? Nice collection once again...
- 5 Little-Known Web Files That Can Enhance Your Website (by Alexander Dawson) - geo.rdf and geo.kml, geotagging for your website
- User-interface, user-experience & usability explained (by Bernard Schokman) - I think the title is misleading, it's more about "Practical design principles for UI/UX/Usability Design"
- 10 Important UI Design Considerations for Web Apps (by Marc Gayle) - try polishing the little things to make your app truly awesome
- Tools for Facilitating Feedback on Prototypes and Wireframes (by David Leggett) - What's your favorite? Why?
- How to Identify the Best Design Problems (by Joshua Porter) - About the importance of prioritization.
- A Guide to CSS Colors in Web Design (by Alexander Dawson) - Once again a great guide by Alexander; contrast, shades, hues, transparency and co.
- 40 Beautiful and Elegant WordPress Themes of May 2011 (by Madalin Tudose) - very nice collection, wordpress has come a long way and so did its front-end designers
- HOW TO: Add the +1 Button to Your WordPress Site (by Christina Warren) - if you like it or not, here is the +1 Button integration...
- Why You Should Buy Your First 5000 Twitter Followers (by Rohit) - ethical or not... love or not love... with a little help from your friends
- So you think you can build a website? (by Vitamin in Talent) - a really handy flowchart to determine if your idea will result in a great website
- The ultimate HTML5 resource guide (by Cameron Chapman) - what else to say? ultimate resouce guide!
- (More) Useful Web Usability Testing Tools (by hongkiat) - What are your experiences with these tools? Which one is your favorite? Why?
What is ColoRotate
Set into motion by Michael Douma, the executive director of the Institute for Dynamic Educational Advancement, ColoRotate is a Flash-based application with a custom 3D display engine for visualization. When other palette generators are primarily focusing on the 2D color wheel, ColoRotate uses a prism to display color, luminescence, saturation, and brightness all in once. I found it very easy and intuitive to use and was able to produce a harmonious color palette within seconds (well, not that it was for any special purpose) and export the colors as CSS to my clipboard.
Here comes the part that I love: Sign in using your google account to save and share schemes. Yes, that means one can in reverse search, get inspired and re-use existing user-generated schemes.
Note on the side: Loving even more the lazy registration process 🙂
Go, check it out. It's not just another tool in your design toolbox. Look out for the Creative Suite 4 (CS4) plugin to come and start showcasing your palettes and discuss them with the community.