This week Kevin (Yuan) Gao (LinkedIn) joined our team as a UI Engineer.
Kevin earned his Master of Science (MSc.) degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) from the University of Michigan. He also received a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from the Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
I'm very happy that Kevin decided to join our team and am looking forward to seeing his HCI and design skills being applied to designing map interfaces for Esri Professional Services. Welcome on board!
Jayson earned his Bachelor degrees in Studio Art (summa cum laude) from the UC Irvine and in Geography from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. In his previous jobs he worked as a web developer at the UC Santa Cruz and the County of Riverside. For the last two years he has been part of the Esri Design Center and we are lucky enough to transfer all his graphic design skills to our group.
I'm very excited seeing his design and web development skills being applied to designing map interfaces for Esri Professional Services now. Welcome on board!
He earned his master from the University of Michigan specializing in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and has a BS in Computer Science and a background in graphic design.
I'm very excited knowing that we can now further improve our ability to designing map interfaces. Welcome on board!
If you feel qualified and are interested please send me your resume to mgaigg at esri dot com. I'm also happy to answer any kind of question (except payment) you might have.
My job here
Use your technical background and innovative visual design skills to simplify complex business processes through the creation of intuitive and visually engaging user interfaces.
- Create sophisticated, imaginative, efficient, and visually striking interfaces for front-end solutions
- Design reusable UI components by utilizing or building UI framework components
- Develop storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate ideas for navigation and interaction models
- Evaluate requirements and initial mock-ups; make technology recommendations that support optimal construction, maintenance, and performance
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design prototypes
- Ensure cross-browser/platform integrity of Web designs
- Work closely with software developers and software testers to create a working end-to-end solution
- Define, maintain, implement, and enforce style guides, standards, reusable templates, and best practices for client-side software development
- Leverage the latest developments in Internet technologies
- Serve as a technical resource and mentor
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, graphic design, visual design, human factors engineering, interaction design, information architecture, or other relevant field
- A minimum of five years of experience in user interface design, information architecture, user-centered design methodology, and implementation in complex enterprise environments
- Significant and proven experience demonstrating innovative UI visual design skills
- Ability to balance designs with the understanding of technical constraints within a software development environment
- Good understanding of user experience (UX) and user-centered design (UCD)
- Ability to take a concept from sketch to final implementation
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of projects and help drive them to effective implementation
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Passionate about novel user interface design and software development
- Experience with GIS/ESRI products and solutions
- Experience with .NET, C#, Silverlight, and Expression Blend
- Experience with JSP, Java Web frameworks, Flash, and ActionScript
- Experience with Linux, PHP, and MySQL
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to interface with customers, gather requirements, and implement new solutions
ESRI Headquarters, Redlands, CA