- What is an Experimental Typography? Trends and Examples (by Aimee Sway) - beautiful typographic examples.
- Human Behavior Theories That Can be Applied to Web Design (by Alexander Dawson) - what did you say about zombie's?
- What Every Web Developer Should Know About Front-End Performance (by Joel Sutherland) - don't let optimization slip under the table - it's to be taken seriously - start here...
- Access Ability (by the association of registered graphic designers of ontario) - A Practical Handbook on Accessible Graphic Design.
- 24 Ways (by Drew McLellan and Brian Suda) - Holiday season is here and 24 ways gives you 24 articles written by industry leaders. Enjoy.
- Silverlight 5 Plans Revealed (by Tim Heuer) - exciting new features ahead (beta in spring, release probably in Q3 2011) - XAML databinding debugging 😉
- 15+ Free Holiday & Winter Vectors: Winterize (by Chris McConnell) - right in time, 17 vector graphics for the xmas season.
- The Digital Marketer's Master Library (by Mitch Joel) - marketing is part of our daily job/life and this list is incredible - so check it out.
- Australian DDA moves ahead (by Shrirang Prakash Sahasrabudhe) - Australia is now officially WCAG 2.0 for accessibility conformance.
- Real Time Web Analytics Services – Best of (by hongkiat) - which web analytics service do you use?
- Guidelines for URI Design (by Jacob Gillespie) - URI structure is primarily important for user recognition and easy of use, search engine optimization is nice too.
- 8 Ways to Make Your Website Mobile Friendly (by Joel Reyes) - isn't it sweet that our mobiles will drive us towards better web development also? Something we should have been doing for a long time already?
- The ADA and the Web: Concerns and Misconceptions (by Jared Smith) - Is an accessibility law for e-commerce coming? Will this take the look of the web back to 1990? Jared has some nice Q&A there...
- Stop Designing Aesthetics, Start Designing Emotions (by John O’Nolan) - Design for emotions, definitely not a new concept but usually poorly covered. John takes a good stab on it.
- 5 Small Biz Web Design Trends to Watch (by Grace Smith) - Minimalism, Unique Photography, Bold Typography, Clear Calls to Action, A/B Testing - what more to say?
- iPad User Experience Guidelines (by UX Magazine) - with the source doc at Apple's Human Interface Guidelines for the iPad
Stumbled upon this blog entry by liam, loved it, shared it: How to Spot Quality within Web Design: Examples & Tips.
One can truly see the effort that went into all the visual examples (thanks, love that most) and compilation of useful tips!
Here the outline:
- Pixel Perfect Detail
- Well thought out Typography
- Organization of Elements
- Restraint & Subtlety
- Using Colour to it’s Full Potential
- Doing something Nobody else has done
Got an interesting article or blog entry?
I'd love to read and eventually share your content. Please feel free to add your links to the comments section so I can 'stumble upon' them too 🙂