- 10 Resources for Beginners – Web Development (by Get Ramped Up) - thanks for mentioning me 🙂
- 36 High Quality Templates & Tutorials To Design Business Website (by hongkiat) - more on the business side of things
- How to Design a Website Online (by Pamela Rdz) - collection of online tools
- 7 Boilerplates, Templates & Resets for a Fresh Start (by Kelli Shaver) - call it libraries, code snippets or reference materials - use and re-use.
- Logos Built to Last: Five Aspects of Human Perception One Must Understand to Make a Lasting Impression (by John Williams) - simple, quick, exciting, habit, the best
- What’s new for web designers – Jun 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - SpiderScribe? Nice collection once again...
- 5 Little-Known Web Files That Can Enhance Your Website (by Alexander Dawson) - geo.rdf and geo.kml, geotagging for your website
- User-interface, user-experience & usability explained (by Bernard Schokman) - I think the title is misleading, it's more about "Practical design principles for UI/UX/Usability Design"
- 10 Important UI Design Considerations for Web Apps (by Marc Gayle) - try polishing the little things to make your app truly awesome
- Tools for Facilitating Feedback on Prototypes and Wireframes (by David Leggett) - What's your favorite? Why?
- How to Identify the Best Design Problems (by Joshua Porter) - About the importance of prioritization.
- A Guide to CSS Colors in Web Design (by Alexander Dawson) - Once again a great guide by Alexander; contrast, shades, hues, transparency and co.
- 40 Beautiful and Elegant WordPress Themes of May 2011 (by Madalin Tudose) - very nice collection, wordpress has come a long way and so did its front-end designers
- HOW TO: Add the +1 Button to Your WordPress Site (by Christina Warren) - if you like it or not, here is the +1 Button integration...
- Why You Should Buy Your First 5000 Twitter Followers (by Rohit) - ethical or not... love or not love... with a little help from your friends
- So you think you can build a website? (by Vitamin in Talent) - a really handy flowchart to determine if your idea will result in a great website
- The ultimate HTML5 resource guide (by Cameron Chapman) - what else to say? ultimate resouce guide!
- (More) Useful Web Usability Testing Tools (by hongkiat) - What are your experiences with these tools? Which one is your favorite? Why?
- Using Lies in Research (by Nate Bolt) - learn from their mistakes to prevent your own 😉
- The Dangers of Design by User (by Demetrius Madrigal and Bryan McClain) - this article shows that the phrase "some research is better than none" doesn't always apply.
- What’s New for Web Designers – Mar 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - as always a great round-up of new apps for designers.
- User Interface Patterns for Dealing with Interactive Content (by Cameron Chapman) - Cameron is on a roll - another must-read.
- Using Regular Expression: Tools and Resources (by hongkiat) - one must love this little helpers... 😉
- 16 Essential WordPress Plugins Every Blog Must Have (by Karol K.) - more work ahead of me; thx for this compilation Karol.
- 11 Outstanding Online Resources for Web Developers (by Barb Dybwad) - Probably you already know all these resources, but if not... yes, here they are.
- Improve Conversions by Connecting with your Audience (by Aaron Griffith) - About your audience, think like them, breath like them, be like them... or so...
- Modal windows (by Anders Toxboe) - a nice collection of 33 modal windows.
- Increasing U.S. Census Participation (by James Fee) - Census is coming up and the challenge will be to count the 'hard to count' population.
- Happy Birthday Facebook - Facebook was launched exactly six years ago, on February 4, 2004 - Happy 6th birthday!
- 11 Common Web Design Mistakes (Blunders) (by Brujo Owoh) - Fly over the list and remind yourself of what to avoid!!
I know this might be a little off-topic but nevertheless useful to many of us. The book 'The Principles of Successful Freelancing' of Miles Burke is available for free to download (only valid for the next 10 days starting today), so get it now!
- Considering Freelancing?
- Prepare for the Transition
- Manage Your Money
- Set Yourself Up
- Win the Work
- Give Great Service
- Achieve Work–Life Balance
- Where to from Here?
About the author
Miles Burke has been creating web sites since 1994. In 2002, Miles founded Bam Creative, an award-winning Western Australian web company. Miles serves as Chairperson of the Australian Web Industry Association, and has been awarded for his entrepreneurship in recent years; he’s a recipient of the Contribution to the Web Industry award in 2005, winner of the WA Business News’ 40under40 award in 2007, and appears in the 2008 edition of Who’s Who in Western Australia. Miles can also be found writing at Miles’ Blog.
Links for freelancers
- 85+ Tools & Resources for Freelancers and Web Workers by Sean P. Aune
- 7 Productivity Tips, Plus Tools for Freelancers and Web Workers by Elliott Kosmicki
Have more useful links? Post them in the comments section.