- Observations versus Recommendations (by Harry Brignull) - use the FOG method, mark your statements Fact, Opinion or Guess
- Top 10 Free Source Code Editors – Reviewed (by hongkiat) - a listing of 11 free editors with their Pros and Cons
- How to Spot and Avoid Web Copy that Kills Websites (by Rick Sloboda) - here some downfalls of the often overlooked but actually really important subject of copy on the web
- Login / Registration Form: Ideas and Beautiful Examples (by bellefoong) - a little login inspiration, nice collection
- Progressive Disclosure in User Interfaces (by Alexander Dawson) - nice intro plus advantages and disadvantages
- The 5 Models Of Content Curation (by Rohit Bhargava) - content curation in its various situations explained
- 9 Ways To A Better Interview (by Mitch Joel) - in my opinion it boils down to caring about the other person and the subject and not getting hung up on standard questions and a script
- Tips for Creating an Excellent E-Commerce Website (by Mathew Carpenter) - some interesting tips here
Really interesting research note by Gartner.
- HTML5 will become the mainstream of the Web during the next decade.
- HTML5 is a potential threat to the continued adoption of plug-in based RIA approaches (including Flash/Silverlight).
- Enterprises should try avoid becoming dependent on any one browser or client-side technology.
- Enterprise developers should “design for standards” and not browsers or runtimes.
- Developers should favor the lightest-weight technology that will meet their requirements.
- Architects should consider hybrid approaches […]
- Before purchasing or committing to a new UI technology or platform, enterprises should first invest in a user-centered design process based on objective data about user behavior.
Complete Analysis: http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/pdfs/html5_flash.pdf
On a personal note I especially like the following part (btw: brilliantly written):