- Creating a User Interface That Speaks Your Users’ Language (by Cedric Savarese) - about the challenge of finding a common language - in plain English.
- 37 Productivity Tips for Working From Anywhere (by Sarah Kessler) - there is at least one tip that will help you, I promise.
- The Next Level of Design: Being Unique (by John O’Nolan) - aka: designing with edge, thinking outside the box, "not stopping until you hit that eureka moment".
- Designing the #newtwitter (by @Twitter) - The new #NewTwitter proportions were not left to chance (at least in their narrowest width).
- Understanding Blind Users' Web Accessibility and Usability Problem (by Babu, Rakesh; Singh, Rahul; and Ganesh, Jai) - the authors outline seven stages of action and what they mean from a designers point of view (think checkpoints).
- A Case for Coding Your Wireframes (by Jake Rocheleau) - "Avoid detours by focusing on your main goals." - sounds so easy, right? Have a clear strategy in mind or else you are doomed to fail (delay at the very least).
I know this might be a little off-topic but nevertheless useful to many of us. The book 'The Principles of Successful Freelancing' of Miles Burke is available for free to download (only valid for the next 10 days starting today), so get it now!
- Considering Freelancing?
- Prepare for the Transition
- Manage Your Money
- Set Yourself Up
- Win the Work
- Give Great Service
- Achieve Work–Life Balance
- Where to from Here?
About the author
Miles Burke has been creating web sites since 1994. In 2002, Miles founded Bam Creative, an award-winning Western Australian web company. Miles serves as Chairperson of the Australian Web Industry Association, and has been awarded for his entrepreneurship in recent years; he’s a recipient of the Contribution to the Web Industry award in 2005, winner of the WA Business News’ 40under40 award in 2007, and appears in the 2008 edition of Who’s Who in Western Australia. Miles can also be found writing at Miles’ Blog.
Links for freelancers
- 85+ Tools & Resources for Freelancers and Web Workers by Sean P. Aune
- 7 Productivity Tips, Plus Tools for Freelancers and Web Workers by Elliott Kosmicki
Have more useful links? Post them in the comments section.