Here the video for my talk about best practices for designing map applications on the web from Esri DevSummit 2015.
Every map application has two characteristics in common: it tries to solve a problem, and it needs a user interface (UI) to do so. This session presents best practices for solving well-known design problems and how to create easy-to-use and compelling interfaces. - See more at: http://video.esri.com/watch/4316/user-experience-and-interface-design-for-web-apps
- Using Lies in Research (by Nate Bolt) - learn from their mistakes to prevent your own 😉
- The Dangers of Design by User (by Demetrius Madrigal and Bryan McClain) - this article shows that the phrase "some research is better than none" doesn't always apply.
- What’s New for Web Designers – Mar 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - as always a great round-up of new apps for designers.
- User Interface Patterns for Dealing with Interactive Content (by Cameron Chapman) - Cameron is on a roll - another must-read.
- Using Regular Expression: Tools and Resources (by hongkiat) - one must love this little helpers... 😉
- 16 Essential WordPress Plugins Every Blog Must Have (by Karol K.) - more work ahead of me; thx for this compilation Karol.