Posted by Michael Gaigg
- Win 5 Copies of “Fluid Web Typography” (by WebdesignerDepot) - leave a comment with your favorite typography link for the chance to win a copy of Jason Cranford Teague's book (I hope this trackback counts as a comment ;).
- Finding the current location by IP and with the W3C Geo API (by Chris Heilmann) - nice writeup on how to read the IP in PHP and call the API with cURL.
- Web accessibility myths (by Ian Pouncey) - accessibility isn’t a target to aim for, it is a goal to aspire to.
- 13 video player UIs in 24 hours (by Jason F.) - form follows function, or not? What do you think about these media players?
- There are always more than two options (by Derek Sivers) - couldn't agree more. Counting choices means limiting yourself, like "all flights to Europe are too expensive therefore I cannot go to Europe" - how about taking a cruise?
- Resist the urge to punish everyone for one person's mistake (by Derek Sivers) - another great by Derek, on how to stay positive when your thinking is clouded.
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map applications for 15 years and is author and curator of UI Patterns for Maps.
- Accessibility (16)
- Cartography (1)
- Code Samples & Tips (16)
- Conclusions (7)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (8)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (29)
- Here and there (31)
- Map Applications (14)
- References (1)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (28)
- Web Design (31)
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Redundancy is NOT bad!
- 15 Outstanding Examples of Braille in our World
- Dashboard Design
- Esri listens to their Users and changes Pronunciation of its Name
- 10 Webpage Design Lessons learned from a trip to Las Vegas… seriously!
Error: Feed temporarily unavailable.