Posted by Michael Gaigg
I'm still feeling enriched by the exciting sessions presented at the Web App Masters Tour in San Diego. Check out Luke's notes of all the 9 sessions presented - fantastic!
- Techniques for Squeezing Images for All They’re Worth (by Ben Gremillion) - image optimization is key to fast loading web sites.
- UX Design Versus UI Development (by Mike Hughes) - who designs and who builds and where do they overlap? Is it about data?
- Board Releases Draft Refresh of Section 508 Standards and Section 255 Guidelines (by Tim Creagan) - a major step towards WCAG 2.0 becoming a law.
- 20 Portable Applications Web Designers Should Have On Their USB Sticks (by Joel Reyes) - go get a memory stick
- Understanding the Power of Social Media with Infographics (by Paul Andrew) - some real gems there.
- Adobe expanding the accessibility of Acrobat and Flash! (by Jeff Singleton) - don't know how they relate exactly to WCAG but surely welcome to see.
- The Impossible Bloomberg Makeover (by Dominique Leca) - a great example of the kitchen-cabinet problem.
- 10 Principles of UX (by Joshua Porter) - very nice top 10 collection.
Posted by Michael Gaigg
- Embedding User Experience in the Product Development Lifecycle (by Mike Hughes) - yes, users are not the only influencers during requirments.
- A Brief History of Eye-Tracking (by David Leggett) - really brief and easy to digest!
- Download Woven Fabric Social Media icons (by Jon Cavan) - if you love icons as much as I do you need to get these social media icons as reported by Webdesigner Depot
- The Simplicity of Helvetica (by Cameron Chapman) - what's all the buzz about Helvetica? If you still don't know a must read...
- 20 User Experience Books you should own (by Bradley Hebdon) - Excellent compilation and well worth a skim through.
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map application for over 10 years and can't stop thinking about improving them.
- Accessibility (16)
- Code Samples & Tips (15)
- Conclusions (6)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (5)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (25)
- Here and there (29)
- Map Applications (12)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (27)
- Web Design (28)
- 10 Webpage Design Lessons learned from a trip to Las Vegas… seriously!
- Web Content Accessiblity Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0: Overview and Structure
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Go figure: 10 Comic Strips that have Something in Common
- Job Posting: User Interface (UI) Engineer at ESRI
- Dashboard Design