Posted by Michael Gaigg
- Design Principles - Understand the basic principles of great Metro style app design.
- UX patterns - Learn how to correctly implement common patterns in Metro style apps like navigation, commanding, and touch interactions.
- UX guidelines - Discover recommendations and requirements for building Metro style apps with the proper look, feel, and user-interaction model.
- Downloading design assets - Get started designing apps quickly with a portfolio of reusable wireframes, redlines, fonts, and other useful design resources.
- Assessing usability of apps - Assess your app's design to ensure the user experience is outstanding, and that users will find it useful, usable, and desirable.
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map applications for 15 years and is author and curator of UI Patterns for Maps.
- Accessibility (16)
- Cartography (1)
- Code Samples & Tips (16)
- Conclusions (7)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (8)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (29)
- Here and there (31)
- Map Applications (14)
- References (1)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (28)
- Web Design (31)
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Redundancy is NOT bad!
- 15 Outstanding Examples of Braille in our World
- Dashboard Design
- Esri listens to their Users and changes Pronunciation of its Name
- 10 Webpage Design Lessons learned from a trip to Las Vegas… seriously!
Error: Feed temporarily unavailable.