Posted by Michael Gaigg
- Colors in Web Design: An Exploration (by Kayla Knight) - in-depth reflection about color theory
- Top 10 Project Management Software for Remote Teams (by Rean) - exactly what the title says 😉
- An Exploration of Website Redesigns: Tips and Examples (by Mohammad Moradi) - make a plan and consider doing it at all (sometimes)
- #19: Sketchnotes (by Eva-Lotta Lamm) - inspiring perspective on taking notes that aren't boring
- 10 Big Brand Lessons From The Corporate Social Media Summit (by Rohit) - talking about brands and their approaches to success
- Getting to grips with a mobile accessibility strategy (by iheni) - great approach on trying to establish a mobile accessibility strategy
- 5 Dangerous Ideas for Designers (by Scott Berkun) - be an ambassador of good ideas and sell and defend them to the right people at the right time
- HOW TO: Choose a PHP Framework for Your Next Project (by Kelli Shaver) - pick your weapons...
- Brainstorming Tips and Techniques for Freelancers (by Samar Owais) - in the end it all depends on you and how you set up the rules, but good tips in here
Posted by Michael Gaigg
I'm still feeling enriched by the exciting sessions presented at the Web App Masters Tour in San Diego. Check out Luke's notes of all the 9 sessions presented - fantastic!
- Techniques for Squeezing Images for All They’re Worth (by Ben Gremillion) - image optimization is key to fast loading web sites.
- UX Design Versus UI Development (by Mike Hughes) - who designs and who builds and where do they overlap? Is it about data?
- Board Releases Draft Refresh of Section 508 Standards and Section 255 Guidelines (by Tim Creagan) - a major step towards WCAG 2.0 becoming a law.
- 20 Portable Applications Web Designers Should Have On Their USB Sticks (by Joel Reyes) - go get a memory stick 😉
- Understanding the Power of Social Media with Infographics (by Paul Andrew) - some real gems there.
- Adobe expanding the accessibility of Acrobat and Flash! (by Jeff Singleton) - don't know how they relate exactly to WCAG but surely welcome to see.
- The Impossible Bloomberg Makeover (by Dominique Leca) - a great example of the kitchen-cabinet problem.
- 10 Principles of UX (by Joshua Porter) - very nice top 10 collection.
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map applications for 15 years and is author and curator of UI Patterns for Maps.
- Accessibility (16)
- Cartography (1)
- Code Samples & Tips (16)
- Conclusions (7)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (8)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (29)
- Here and there (31)
- Map Applications (14)
- References (1)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (28)
- Web Design (31)
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Redundancy is NOT bad!
- 15 Outstanding Examples of Braille in our World
- Dashboard Design
- Esri listens to their Users and changes Pronunciation of its Name
- 10 Webpage Design Lessons learned from a trip to Las Vegas… seriously!