- 10 Intermediate and Advanced Tips from PHP Masters (by Jolie O'Dell) - experts offer their advise; nice compilation.
- Beautiful (Free) Fonts for Titles and Headlines (by bellefoong) - niiice.
- Ways to Horrify Website Designers (by Alexander Dawson) - right in time for Halloween 😉
- Design is Choice (by Dmitry Fadeyev) - Dmitry's take on Google removing the "http://" portion in Chrome's address bar
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Design (by Rob Bowen) - a funny take on seven deadly sins.
- Google Chrome Extensions for Web Design Students (by Julia May ) - Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + J ... that's all I say...
- How to Design the Perfect Business Card (by Rob Bowen) - Great article that serves as categorization and motivation at the same time.
- jQuery 1.4.4 Released (by Addy Osmani) - may I introduce: .fadeToggle() - with 1.5 coming next year.
Anything I've missed?
Post it in the comments or drop me a note.
Wow, what a week with truly amazing content which once more shows me how many talented and dedicated people are on the web. Thanks all for sharing your knowledge!!
- Vancouver Olympics Web sites are inaccessible to disabled people (by Joe Clark) - hope at least the website of the Special Olympics will be... Joe, wanna check?
- The Comprehensive Guide to Saving Images for the Web (by Joshua Johnson) - now this I call an essential read!
- E-Commerce Design Resources: The Ultimate Round-Up (by Cameron Chapman) - now this I call ultimate read!
- Life, Below 600px (by Paddy Donnelly) - or, "giving the fold the finger".
- Information Gathering: a Roundup of UX Applications (by James Costa) - James reviews 4 really useful UX applications. Great overview!
- 14 Questions To Ask Your Clients Before and After a Project (by Joel Reyes) - always good to be reminded of the basics.
- Design considerations for article lists (by Anders Toxboe) - Do's and don'ts of article lists are essential knowledge for every designer. Get a hang of it.
- 10 Essential Chrome Extensions for Web Developers (by Samuel Axon) - Firebug Lite, IE Tab, Resolution test and others, a must-see.
- Best Practices for Hints and Validation in Web Forms (by Kean Richmond) - Users hate forms but they are the only way to interact with an application so you better invest some more thought as did Kean.
- The Anatomy of Web Design (by Nishant Kothary) - "Smarter hires, more resources, more time, fewer managers, rational stakeholders, less overhead, stronger leadership, and sensible project management are intrinsic to creating great designs—but they cannot take the place of a strong mission and sense of purpose."