- Using “Preventive Medicine” Against Bad Clients (by Maria Malidaki) - Love the section about useful documents
- Accessibility and web innovation – a talk (by Christian Heilmann) - Chris makes a case for deeper involvement in the actual development of cool technology that is accessible (or cool development that makes technology accessible)
- Architecture v. Web Design (by Dmitry Fadeyev) - Dmitry on the essence of architecture to create space and how this is (or is not) applied to web design
- What’s new for web designers – Apr 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - Once again, great collection of apps for designers, thx Cameron
- Are your users S.T.U.P.I.D? (by Stephen Turbek) - Get Smart (and download the info poster)
- Essential Facebook Etiquette: 10 Dos and Don’ts (by bellefoong) - Funny how we need to learn social etiquette again, huh?
- How To Design The Perfect Form (by Brian) - Extensive collection of examples and best practices for forms
- Integrating UX into Agile Development (by Janet M. Six) - State your requirements as user stories: As a [role], I want to [action based on a feature], so [user goal].
- Mobile Application Development: Web vs. Native (by Andre Charland, Brian LeRoux) - Excellent research on web versus native development for mobile. Sooner or later we all need to understand the ins and outs of mobile dev.
- A new micro clearfix hack (by Nicolas Gallagher) - updated hack to clear floats without resorting to using presentational markup
- Web Developers vs. Web Developers (Infographic Remix) (by Cassie McDaniel) - nice remix of the original web designers vs web developers infographic by Shane Snow
- Observations versus Recommendations (by Harry Brignull) - use the FOG method, mark your statements Fact, Opinion or Guess
- Top 10 Free Source Code Editors – Reviewed (by hongkiat) - a listing of 11 free editors with their Pros and Cons
- How to Spot and Avoid Web Copy that Kills Websites (by Rick Sloboda) - here some downfalls of the often overlooked but actually really important subject of copy on the web
- Login / Registration Form: Ideas and Beautiful Examples (by bellefoong) - a little login inspiration, nice collection
- Progressive Disclosure in User Interfaces (by Alexander Dawson) - nice intro plus advantages and disadvantages
- The 5 Models Of Content Curation (by Rohit Bhargava) - content curation in its various situations explained
- 9 Ways To A Better Interview (by Mitch Joel) - in my opinion it boils down to caring about the other person and the subject and not getting hung up on standard questions and a script
- Tips for Creating an Excellent E-Commerce Website (by Mathew Carpenter) - some interesting tips here
- What is an Experimental Typography? Trends and Examples (by Aimee Sway) - beautiful typographic examples.
- Human Behavior Theories That Can be Applied to Web Design (by Alexander Dawson) - what did you say about zombie's?
- What Every Web Developer Should Know About Front-End Performance (by Joel Sutherland) - don't let optimization slip under the table - it's to be taken seriously - start here...
- Access Ability (by the association of registered graphic designers of ontario) - A Practical Handbook on Accessible Graphic Design.
- 24 Ways (by Drew McLellan and Brian Suda) - Holiday season is here and 24 ways gives you 24 articles written by industry leaders. Enjoy.
- Silverlight 5 Plans Revealed (by Tim Heuer) - exciting new features ahead (beta in spring, release probably in Q3 2011) - XAML databinding debugging 😉
- 15+ Free Holiday & Winter Vectors: Winterize (by Chris McConnell) - right in time, 17 vector graphics for the xmas season.
- The Digital Marketer's Master Library (by Mitch Joel) - marketing is part of our daily job/life and this list is incredible - so check it out.
- Australian DDA moves ahead (by Shrirang Prakash Sahasrabudhe) - Australia is now officially WCAG 2.0 for accessibility conformance.
Braille can be found everywhere. Some findings are real gems, love the McDonalds braille lunch menu which is even advertised on drive-through windows in corporate locations - yes, exactly, didn't know they had driving test in braille yet. I'd actually opt for scratch and smell menus at McDonalds - ok, that's just me 😉
Love the braille bikini as well. Enjoy!
Stumbled upon this blog entry by liam, loved it, shared it: How to Spot Quality within Web Design: Examples & Tips.
One can truly see the effort that went into all the visual examples (thanks, love that most) and compilation of useful tips!
Here the outline:
- Pixel Perfect Detail
- Well thought out Typography
- Organization of Elements
- Restraint & Subtlety
- Using Colour to it’s Full Potential
- Doing something Nobody else has done
Got an interesting article or blog entry?
I'd love to read and eventually share your content. Please feel free to add your links to the comments section so I can 'stumble upon' them too 🙂