Happy New Year everybody! Hope you are healthy and fully motivated for a new decade of great things to happen. It's going to be great!
Highlights of week 01/2010
Here is what made me happy last week:
- Placebos Are Getting More Effective. Drugmakers Are Desperate to Know Why (by Steve Silberman) - Belief is power, color, shape and labeling are important triggers for effectiveness; good article on wired; applicable to web design as well?!
- WAI initiative: Speak up! Tell organizations if their website is inaccessible - Take a few minutes to encourage web accessibility. Your voice counts.
- Myths & Misconceptions About Grid Systems - I'm a big believer in grid systems, but is it a one fits all? Do grid systems benefit each and every development? Is a website less valuable when not based on a grid system?
- Simple Numbers, Complicated Dates: 49 Innovative Calendars (by Michael Poh) - Start the New Year with some creative calendars.
- Web Design Trends and Resolutions for 2010 - A good collection and reflection by designreviver.com
- More Like This: A Design Pattern (by Greg Nudelman) - Design Patterns like 'More like this' help to speed up development, define a common language and should be part of everybody's toolkit
- Drop-Shadows and Gradients: Be Consistent in Your Visual Metaphors (by Nate Eagle) - How to design them correctly, please have a look, no excuses later!