Posted by Michael Gaigg
- Does usability exist? How Usability is like Intelligence (by Jeff Sauro) - very interesting analogy to intelligence and a first approach to relating the three usability areas Effectiveness, Efficiency and Satisfaction and how (and how much) they contribute to Usability 'u'.
- The Case Against Vertical Navigation (by Louis Lazaris) - While I think the argumentation in this blog article is mislead by current design trends and biased in some way, I find 'shaking our world' good from time to time so we can re-think the way we're used to doing things.
- Bad Usability Calendar 2010 - What would be the New Year without another one of their great Usability Calendars - Enjoy!
- Curating Comments Threads (by Chris Coyier) - interesting discussion and good points about how to make comments more meaningful.
- Live, Free webcast: Confessions of a Public Speaker - Probably you've heard already, Scott Berkun has his book out, and he's offering a free, 90 min. webcast about it, don't miss, sign up now.
- The future of UI will be boring (by Scott Berkun) - Scott seems to be on mushrooms lately judging by the level of activity. Here another really good read about the future of UI design, love the 'rookie trap'.
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map applications for over 13 years and is currently leading a team of the most talented and innovative UI engineers and designers at Esri.
- Accessibility (16)
- Cartography (1)
- Code Samples & Tips (16)
- Conclusions (7)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (7)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (28)
- Here and there (31)
- Map Applications (14)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (28)
- Web Design (31)
- 15 Outstanding Examples of Braille in our World
- Dashboard Design
- Job Posting: User Interface (UI) Engineer at ESRI
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Esri listens to their Users and changes Pronunciation of its Name
- Redundancy is NOT bad!
My Zazzle Products
Error: Products temporarily unavailable.