Posted by Michael Gaigg
- Google Analytics in Depth: Goals and Funnels (by Dave Sparks) - Money makes the world go round - funnel it (into your pocket) 😉
- The reconstructive nature of human memory (and what this means for research documentation) (by Harry Brignull) - documentation of design decision is important to avoid pogo-sticking re-design or the HIPPO effect.
- Menu Item Usage Study: Part I (by Christopher Jung) - Mozilla's research into menu item usage.
- designing for experiences across channels (by Brandon Schauer) - have a look at this picture and let it sit for a while. Making sense?
- Basic CSS3 Techniques That You Should Know (by Joel Reyes) - always good to stay on top of technology, CSS3 is our friend!
- Participating in the Web of Data with Open Standards (by Chris Heilmann) - API's and geolocation made easy with YQL (Yahoo Query Language).
- Writing For The Web: Tips & Common Mistakes We Make (by Kelly Swee) - yet another list of tips, but then again we still don't seem to get it right... 😉
- Rudy Giuliani Shares His Leadership Thoughts (by Bruce Temkin) - Bruce summarizes the 6 leadership principles Rudy Giuliani laid out in his keynote at the Intuit Financial Services.
Tagged as: analytics, Brandon Schauer, Bruce Temkin, channels, Chris Heilmann, Christopher Jung, css3, data, Dave Sparks, documentation, effect, goals, google, harry brignull, HIPPO, Joel Reyes, Kelly Swee, leadership, memory, menu, mistakes, mozilla, open, pogo-sticking, re-design, research, Rudy Giuliani, standards, techniques, tips, web, writing, yahoo query language, YQL No Comments
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map applications for 15 years and is author and curator of UI Patterns for Maps.
- Accessibility (16)
- Cartography (1)
- Code Samples & Tips (16)
- Conclusions (7)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (8)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (29)
- Here and there (31)
- Map Applications (14)
- References (1)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (28)
- Web Design (31)
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Redundancy is NOT bad!
- 15 Outstanding Examples of Braille in our World
- Dashboard Design
- Esri listens to their Users and changes Pronunciation of its Name
- 10 Webpage Design Lessons learned from a trip to Las Vegas… seriously!
Error: Feed temporarily unavailable.