So we’ve started a slack community for Maps UI/UX/Carto/DataViz. The group was born after organizing the UI/UX special interest group (SIG) meeting at 2017 Esri DevSummit in Palm Springs. 38 participants - partners, distributors, users – came not knowing what to expect but with questions that go beyond what Esri offers or teaches. So I thought: it takes a community to raise a child...
This slack community is a great place to:
- listen to our partners and users (be interested, not interesting)
- network and share with designers/developers from other mapping companies
- show our great work and cool stuff AND get instant feedback
- help others with their problems
Request an invite at http://www.designingmapinterfaces.com/patterns/join-maps-ui-ux-community-on-slack/ and feel free to forward to your buddies 😉
Please join https://maps-ui-ux-community.slack.com/ and participate. Hope to see you there...
This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. A real-time integrated augmented reality system to physically create topography models which are then scanned into a computer in real time, and used as background for a variety of graphics effects and simulations. #gottahave
More info about this project: http://idav.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos/ResDev/SARndbox/
Starting into the new year with a short list of high quality links. As always, your feedback and suggestions are greatly welcome 🙂 Cheers!
- Cross Browser HTML5 Progress Bars In Depth (by Zoltan “Du Lac” Hawryluk)
- 15 Web Design Trends to Watch Out For in 2012 (by Jake Rocheleau)
- Profiling CSS for fun and profit. Optimization notes (by kangax)
- Google Maps: Designing the Modern Atlas (by Willem Van Lancker)
- Password strength verification with jQuery (by Jim Nielsen)