- CSS3 secrets - 10 things you might not know about CSS3 (by Lea Verou)
- Announcing jQuery Mobile 1.0 (by jQuery Mobile, Todd Parker)
- NASA now seeking candidates for astronaut positions (by NASA)
- A Look Inside Mobile Design Patterns (by Theresa Neil)
- Using Fonts for Icons… (by Chris Coyier)
- Make Your Own Fonts: Free Font Editors (Elsewhere on the Web) (by Jacob Gube)
- Which Custom Web Fonts Solution Should You Use? (by Chris Spooner)
- Create CSS3 Buttons Compatible with All Browsers (by Madalin Tudose)
- Quantifiable Design: How to Remove Subjectivity from the Process (by Stuart Silverstein)
- 25 Google+ tips and tricks (by Vail Joy)
- 50+ Awesome CSS3 Techniques for Better Designs (by Cameron Chapman) - sweet!! buttons, gradients and more...
- Logo Design Gone Wrong: 10 Offbeat Examples (by bellefoong) - some humor (and lessons) in logo design
- HOW TO: Design & Program a Facebook Landing Page for Your Business (by Jonathan Goldford) - that's an incredible tutorial.
- 7 Common Project Management Problems (And How to Solve Them) (by James Clear) - be straight with your client in what you do; but be straight with yourself even more!
- Color Wheels are wrong? How color vision actually works (by Jason Cohen) - incredible article! Skip over the beginning but read until the end & check out the optical illusions!
- Finally – a fold for the web (your clients can rest easy) (by Christian Heilmann) - Nice bookmarklet that shows the fold on any page - finally
Another week of fantastic articles! A little digging (or reading my blog ) will save you time and buying books hehe.
- 15 Desktop & Online Wireframing Tools (by Tom Walker) - I use Balsamiq Mockups, what about you?
- User Experience Books Free to Read Online (by Simon Whatley) - yes, free
- The Future of Wireframes (by Nishant Kothary) - in Nishant's words: holy guacamole!
- Do’s and Don’ts of Usability Testing (by Demetrius Madrigal and Bryan McClain) - my take-away: don't jump to conclusions, that truly is a beginner mistake.
- How to Increase Conversions on any Website in 45 Minutes (by Andrew Follett) - improvement can happen in less than an hour, keep it down to the top 3 items!
- 43 Essential Controls for Web Applications (by Theresa Neil) - just being able to name them properly (not to mention program them) is a huge communication plus.
- How to Choose Right CSS Frameworks (by Joel Reyes) - a must read for any web programmer. Know at least one css framework really well.
- Why you only need to test with five users (explained) (by Jeff Sauro) - I mean, really well explained.
- Email verification – is your call-to-action strong enough? (by Harry Brignull) - it's tough to lose customers that WANT to be customers. Consider lazy registration as well!
- "Call to Action" Buttons: Guidelines, Best Practices and Examples (by hongkiat) - Another really important article. Talks about size, color, labels etc.
Michael Gaigg is Lead UI Engineer in Esri's Professional Services Division.
He has been designing map applications for over 13 years and is currently leading a team of the most talented and innovative UI engineers and designers at Esri.
- Accessibility (16)
- Cartography (1)
- Code Samples & Tips (16)
- Conclusions (7)
- Design Guidelines (12)
- Designing Map Interfaces (7)
- Go figure (9)
- Good News (28)
- Here and there (31)
- Map Applications (14)
- This Week's Highlights (53)
- Usability & UCD (28)
- Web Design (31)
- 15 Outstanding Examples of Braille in our World
- Dashboard Design
- Powerpoint Wireframe Stencils as Free Download
- Job Posting: User Interface (UI) Engineer at ESRI
- Esri listens to their Users and changes Pronunciation of its Name
- Redundancy is NOT bad!