When starting a new project it will probably take you at least 15-20 minutes of getting your stuff together. Many times I found that exactly these routine tasks are the most annoying which keep us from being productive (and happy). So, go get the html5boilerplate.com and be happy 🙂
This project by 5 driven guys, Nicolas Gallagher, Hans Christian Reinl, Mathias Bynens, Paul Irish, Cãtãlin Mariş, and Divya Manian is a great starting point for any HTML based web development. Simply awesome!
The boilerplate bundle includes:
- Directory structure (index file, img dir, js dir, css dir, etc.)
- CSS reset using normalize.css
- HTML5 feature detection through Modernizr
- Google Analytics snippet (just replace your own id)
- Other really useful tips and tricks for better development
- 10 Resources for Beginners – Web Development (by Get Ramped Up) - thanks for mentioning me 🙂
- 36 High Quality Templates & Tutorials To Design Business Website (by hongkiat) - more on the business side of things
- How to Design a Website Online (by Pamela Rdz) - collection of online tools
- 7 Boilerplates, Templates & Resets for a Fresh Start (by Kelli Shaver) - call it libraries, code snippets or reference materials - use and re-use.
- Logos Built to Last: Five Aspects of Human Perception One Must Understand to Make a Lasting Impression (by John Williams) - simple, quick, exciting, habit, the best
- What’s new for web designers – Jun 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - SpiderScribe? Nice collection once again...
- 5 Little-Known Web Files That Can Enhance Your Website (by Alexander Dawson) - geo.rdf and geo.kml, geotagging for your website