Here the video for my talk about best practices for designing map applications on the web from Esri DevSummit 2015.
Every map application has two characteristics in common: it tries to solve a problem, and it needs a user interface (UI) to do so. This session presents best practices for solving well-known design problems and how to create easy-to-use and compelling interfaces. - See more at: http://video.esri.com/watch/4316/user-experience-and-interface-design-for-web-apps
- 25 Excellent Photoshop Web Design Layout Tutorials (by Marcell Purham)
- Showcase of Impressive Design Process Explanations (by Chris Spooner) - explaining your design process is a great way of building trust
- Hottest Web Applications of the Month – June (by Jacob Creech)
- 65 Useful Android Apps for Designers (by Kay) - I like ColorSnap, tells you the color palette of pictures you've taken
- Five important things to do before any redesign (by Jeff Sauro) - You have customers because you solve some problem...
- Using “Preventive Medicine” Against Bad Clients (by Maria Malidaki) - Love the section about useful documents
- Accessibility and web innovation – a talk (by Christian Heilmann) - Chris makes a case for deeper involvement in the actual development of cool technology that is accessible (or cool development that makes technology accessible)
- Architecture v. Web Design (by Dmitry Fadeyev) - Dmitry on the essence of architecture to create space and how this is (or is not) applied to web design
- What’s new for web designers – Apr 2011 (by Cameron Chapman) - Once again, great collection of apps for designers, thx Cameron
- Are your users S.T.U.P.I.D? (by Stephen Turbek) - Get Smart (and download the info poster)
- Essential Facebook Etiquette: 10 Dos and Don’ts (by bellefoong) - Funny how we need to learn social etiquette again, huh?
- How To Design The Perfect Form (by Brian) - Extensive collection of examples and best practices for forms
- Integrating UX into Agile Development (by Janet M. Six) - State your requirements as user stories: As a [role], I want to [action based on a feature], so [user goal].
- Mobile Application Development: Web vs. Native (by Andre Charland, Brian LeRoux) - Excellent research on web versus native development for mobile. Sooner or later we all need to understand the ins and outs of mobile dev.
- A new micro clearfix hack (by Nicolas Gallagher) - updated hack to clear floats without resorting to using presentational markup
- Web Developers vs. Web Developers (Infographic Remix) (by Cassie McDaniel) - nice remix of the original web designers vs web developers infographic by Shane Snow