1000's of designers are standing by to assist you... LOL
Thanks to Frank for pointing me to this video link.
Really interesting research note by Gartner.
- HTML5 will become the mainstream of the Web during the next decade.
- HTML5 is a potential threat to the continued adoption of plug-in based RIA approaches (including Flash/Silverlight).
- Enterprises should try avoid becoming dependent on any one browser or client-side technology.
- Enterprise developers should “design for standards” and not browsers or runtimes.
- Developers should favor the lightest-weight technology that will meet their requirements.
- Architects should consider hybrid approaches […]
- Before purchasing or committing to a new UI technology or platform, enterprises should first invest in a user-centered design process based on objective data about user behavior.
Complete Analysis: http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/pdfs/html5_flash.pdf
On a personal note I especially like the following part (btw: brilliantly written):