Starting into the new year with a short list of high quality links. As always, your feedback and suggestions are greatly welcome 🙂 Cheers!
- Cross Browser HTML5 Progress Bars In Depth (by Zoltan “Du Lac” Hawryluk)
- 15 Web Design Trends to Watch Out For in 2012 (by Jake Rocheleau)
- Profiling CSS for fun and profit. Optimization notes (by kangax)
- Google Maps: Designing the Modern Atlas (by Willem Van Lancker)
- Password strength verification with jQuery (by Jim Nielsen)
- 15 Responsive CSS Frameworks Worth Considering (by Paul Andrew)
- Complexity and User Experience (by Jon Bolt)
- Origins of the Apple Human Interface
- Internet Visionary Paul Otlet - Networked Knowledge, Decades Before Google (by Meike Laaff)
- The Anatomy of an Experience Map (by Chris Risdon)
- A Complete Color Spectrum of Web Design Inspiration (by Chris Spooner)
Minimalist Web Design: How Minimal is Too Minimal? (by Delwin Campbell)
- 50+ PSD UI Web design elements (by Cameron Chapman)
- How to Develop Your Website’s Tone of Voice (by Ailsa Partridge)
- 25 jQuery image galleries and slideshow plugins (by Cameron Chapman)
- What’s the difference between a Heuristic Evaluation and a Cognitive Walkthrough? (by Jeff Sauro) - great description and overview together with a "What HE & CW have in common" section
- What’s new for designers – Aug 2011 (by Cameron Chapman)
- 40 Absolutely Brilliant Billboard Ads! (by Alvaris Falcon) - yes, simply brilliant, take 1 or 2 minutes and enjoy
- Your Meetings Suck (by Mitch Joel) - Solution: "a meeting cannot exist without a decision to support it that has already been made"
- 30 Beautiful Clean and Simple Web Designs for Inspiration (by Jacob Gube) - inspiration is always welcome, right?
- Strengthening behavioral cues in UX web design with Gestalt principles (by Shell Grenier) - all of reality is experienced and organized perceptually in the simplest and most stable manner possible, web design can utilize this principle
- How To Create a Slick Features Table in HTML & CSS (by Chris Spooner) - very slick 😉
- 10 Absentee UX Features on Top e-Commerce Sites (by Paul Bryan) - co-shopping? en espanol?
- 6 tips to create better one-page websites (by Kendra Gaines)
- 10 Unmissable TED Videos For Designers (by Alvaris Falcon) - love TED, and you should too
- 20 jQuery Tutorials Teaching Super Cool Visual Effects (by Chris Spooner) - that's why you must love jQuery
- Requirements-Driven Software Development Must Die (by Fred Beecher) - nice approach with really good arguments, but with any workflow it seems just a little bit off
- 70+ Awesome Tumblr themes (by Cameron Chapman) - got tumblr? get a theme - and a life 😉 ...and follow me on tumblr
- Examples of Sites where localStorage should or is being used (by Chris Coyier) - localStorage is to HTML5 what isolated storage is to Silverlight
- jQuery plugin: Chosen (by Harvest) - go check it out, nothing else to say
- Freelance Web Development: 9 Tips for Better Project Management (by Kelli Shaver) - you do freelance work? enhance your productivity with these tips, very nice!
- 48 Outstanding WordPress Themes of June 2011 (by Madalin Tudose)
- Useful Wireframing and Prototyping Tools – Roundup (by Jacob Creech)
- Introducing Usaura, the Fastest Way to Run Click Tests (by Dmitry Fadeyev)
- 25 Excellent Photoshop Web Design Layout Tutorials (by Marcell Purham)
- Showcase of Impressive Design Process Explanations (by Chris Spooner) - explaining your design process is a great way of building trust
- Hottest Web Applications of the Month – June (by Jacob Creech)
- 65 Useful Android Apps for Designers (by Kay) - I like ColorSnap, tells you the color palette of pictures you've taken
- Five important things to do before any redesign (by Jeff Sauro) - You have customers because you solve some problem...